HeatWave Labs is an engineering, design and manufacturing company that specializes in components and assemblies for the vacuum tube and vacuum equipment industries.
Our expertise lies in the areas of thermionic electron and ion emitters and guns, vacuum tube design, processing and rebuilding, specialized high purity and refractory materials, UHV sample heating and filament products, temperature controllers and power supplies, ceramics and vacuum envelope assemblies and other related products.
- Dispenser cathodes for Plasma, Microwave, X-Ray, Accelerators, CRTs, University, DOE and DOD research, etc. Micro tip and large area arrays.
- New and Rebuilt Ion Pumps, Controllers, Cables and Accessories
- High Temperature Substrate heaters. UHV and O2 compatible. 1200°C or higher. Large area panel heaters. SiC coated graphite heaters.
- Hollow cathode plasma devices and power supplies.
- LaB6, Tungsten, Thoriated Tungsten emitters. Point sources and large area emitters.
- Wound filaments for heating and electron emission applications. Neutralizing and plasma enhancement filaments. Special wire materials for low sag, high temperature, ion bombardment, oxidizing and cryo environments. Insulating and emission enhancing coatings. Catephoretic and plasma spray.
- Ion sources, Ionizers, Ion Guns. Alkali metals, Alkali earths, Plasma enhancement, Ion implanting. SIMS sources, guns and power supplies.
- Refractory materials, assemblies. Molybdenum and Tungsten porous and infiltrated materials. Sputter targets.
- Cathode and electron gun thermomechanical and beam optic design. FEA analysis. Extensive experience with Dispenser Cathodes, Thoriated Tungsten, Tungsten, LaB6 and other electron emitters.
- Design, engineering and computer modeling of High Temperature Heaters. Temperature profiling and uniformity optimization.
- Ion source design. Alkali earths, alkali metals ion sources and ionizers. Ionizer heaters and ion guns.
- Vacuum Tube design, processing and rebuilding.